Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Joy in strange places

Peppermint is an
office favorite
It gives me this weird joy that every time I bring a flat of potted* plants to work, they disappear in minutes. Lots of people looking to expand gardens and add perennials this year, it seems.

I haven’t started in with the herbs yet; thus far it’s been tomatoes, peppers, melons, and various mints. But I just got some 6 dozen oreganos sprouted, and the rosemary, though it’s been slower to take off, looks just as promising.

Probably ought to think about bringing some to church as well...

* ‘potted’ in clear plastic beer cups. Dig a hole with your bulb planter, drop it in. Boom, you’re good to go.

3 comments:

  1. plants to work, they disappear...Probably ought to think about bringing some to church as well...

    Salvation to the heathen first, and then also to the brethren?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brethren get free eggs on occasion, so it all works out.

      Delete
  2. I don't know, Chain. Even when I go to church, I am often considered heathen. I think they are giving me too much credit, but...

    I try to give stuff away, but, well, ogres, more so ogre heathens, aren't so trusted. I've got a ton of kefir grains now, and various other items. No takers.

    ReplyDelete