|Greeks built this. |
And sodomized little boys
So if all we want is Whitey uncaged, we cannot really complain about whatever comes after. I'm more of the opinion that what comes after is a) more important, and b) less dependent on Whitey, than is commonly imagined. Genetics might make culture, but the same genes provided the world with Hitler and Johann Sebastian Bach, and I very much prefer the latter to the former.
Since genes provide both, there must be something in addition that provides one rather than the other. And it is that something in addition that I propose that the saver of Western civilization ought to focus on saving. After all, it ought to be easier to preserve something that already exists than to invent something wholly new. Western Civilization already exists. So what must be save to ensure that is survives the end of the post-modern age?
I present the non-authoritative list of the things that need to be saved if Western culture is to be delivered safely into the hands of the survivors of this age. Once the SJWs are sent back to the slimy holes whence they crawled, once the fiat dollar is dead and its limitless debts defaulted and the oil peaked and the post-modern age stuffed headlong back into the wine-press of history, these are the things we need to concentrate on passing to those who follow us:
1) Christendom. This one is obvious. Yeah, white people had democracy and republicanism before Christianity, but Christianity has been the major creative and civilizing force in Western Civilization for the past two millennia. We may call the Romans civilized, but then we see the Colosseum - built to perfection and yet sodden with the blood of the weak, spilled to amuse the strong. Such civilization demands tempering if we are to survive it.
2) The rule of law. The Romans had it, the Greeks needed it. And as much as some assert that there is no equality in nature***, the Western belief that no man is above the law is an acceptance of the equality of all men in a very real sense. It is in this sense that the American founders spoke.
3) Literacy. There is a reason American slaves were legally forbidden from learning to read - knowledge is liberating and empowering, and the scriptures are protective. The theological disagreements of Christians that arise from too much literacy are a small price to pay to avoid a uniformity of ignorance.
4) The nobility of work. The difference between the riches of Bavaria and the poverty of Ethiopia did not arise because Europe is more fertile but because it has historically valued the work of men. Ethiopia is filled with young men who drink beer all day. Bavaria has been filled for centuries with men who brewed beer all day. One grows rich.
5) Savings. Keynes will pass away because he must. And the fact will remain that wealth is the difference between what a man creates and what he consumes. A wealthy nation becomes so by producing more than it consumes over time. Science, leisure, exploration, all of these things are available only when a society moves past 'living for today' by saving.
6) Marriage. The bedrock perhaps. Western civilization, whether pagan or Christian, has been built on a foundation of monogamous, heterosexual marriage. And the fact that one man and one woman are joined has predictable effects*****. Those effects are civil and civilizing.
I would opine if we can save those half-dozen things, Western Civilization is in no danger at all. And if we cannot save them, then all the hashtags, racial purges, and even genocides in the world are not going to do the survivors a bit of good.
We could surely add a few others (e.g. property rights, patriarchy), for Western Civilization is almost infinitely faceted. So what else did I miss?
* Perhaps the main complaint I have against #WhiteGenocide hashtaggers is not that they want whites to have a tribal identity**, but that they seem to have an almost romantic vision of white people. Having done foster care for a dozen years or so, it's not a vision I share.
** Hey, if there's a black student union, there's no reason there can't be a white student union. If one demands equality, he ought to get it, straight down the pike with all the unintended consequences he cannot imagine. If one demands segregation, the same applies. What cannot be granted is the benefits of equality alongside the moral authority of the oppressed. A man must choose which he desires most.
*** "The cheap anti-democrat of to-day will tell you solemnly that there is no equality in nature. He is right, but he does not see the logical addendum. There is no equality in nature; also there is no inequality in nature. Inequality, as much as equality, implies a standard of value. To read aristocracy into the anarchy of animals is just as sentimental as to read democracy into it." -- GK Chesterton
**** Hordes of horny Arabs, historically denied marriage because of polygamy among their richest men, create a different village square altogether.