|Look, Ma, no seeds|
Raspberry jelly recipe courtesy of Sure Jell*. The kids fussed about the seeds in my bionic raspberry jam, even as they devoured it. So with only two jars left I figured it was time for another batch or so, this time juicing the berries and making jelly instead of the (usually) easier jam.
Four cups of raspberry juice
One box of Sure Jell
Five and a half cups of sugar.
1. Bring juice and Sure Jell together to a rolling boil.
2. Add the sugar and bring it again to a rolling boil.
3. Boil hard for one minute, then into jars it goes
4. Boil the jars five minutes in the open bath canner.
Simple, yes? This recipe jelled perfectly and cleaned up quickly. Just don't double it, as others have reported problems with that. If you have lots of juice, it's not hard to knock out two or three batches in quick succession.
I ended up with enough juice on hand for another half batch or so, but the plants seem to be done with their spring production, so that juice has a new home in the freezer. Here's to hoping that the bionic raspberries decide a fall season is in order. The short case I made last night won't last even close to a year.
* Which, of course, demands that you buy Sure Jell to make it. Good thing I had some on hand.